We recently made a backdrop covered in paper rosettes for an event, and I thought I'd share how we made them!
1. Materials: double sided tape, scissors, 1/8" hole punch, and 3 8x10 pieces of paper (to make one rosette).
2. Fold your paper like an according, alternating each fold.
3. Fold the entire page until it looks like the picture shown.
4. Using your scissors, round the edges of the paper.
5. Using your hole punch, punch holes on the border of both sides of the paper. I did the rounding and hole punches to make the rosettes a little different. ;)
6. Fold the piece of paper in half and place a piece of double sided tape on one side.
7. Fold the two halves together.
8. Repeat two more times till you have three sections.
9. Place double sided tape on each of the edges and stick them together to create one rosette.
1. Take two pieces of paper, measure 2 inches in, and place double sided tape on the edge of each of the pages.
2. Fold the page starting at one side like an according.
3. Using your scissors, round the edges.
4. Using your 1/8" hole punch, punch holes on both edges of the paper.
5. Repeat two more times.
6. Fold the paper in half and tape it together.
7. Repeat two more times.
8. And tape all the pieces together.
Lastly, I'll leave you a little time saving tip. You can use just two pieces of paper for the smaller rosettes, and just four pieces of paper for the larger rosettes, but they won't hold the shape. I did this for a few of the larger rosettes, and I held them together by tying fishing line through the two holes in the center of the rosette (when you fold each of the halves, it will create a little hole at the point). This will save you money, time, and paper!