- Large cardboard box
- Pencil and ruler
- Hot glue gun
- Thin flat piece of wood (I used free paint stirrers from Home Depot)
1. Gather materials ... you will need a good amount of corks.
2. Using your ruler and a pencil, trace the letter you want. Use a cork to help mark how wide, in corks, each part of the letter will be. For example, one of the legs of the "K" was one cork wide by eight corks long.
3. Finish mapping our the rest of your letter.
4. Use your glue gun to glue the bottom part of each of the corks on your cardboard letter.
5. And you're done! Depending on what letter you make, you may want to reinforce the legs, so the weight of the corks don't break the letter. I used free paint stirrers from Home Depot, and glued them to the back of the "K."
I've learned to always save corks. I filled a large glass vase with wine corks, and displayed it in our kitchen. There are so many fun DIY projects involving corks! :)